[Amps] Carbon resistor value change direction

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 9 07:42:59 PDT 2010

> I have measured literally hundreds of carbon comps used in parasitic
> suppressors and as hV multipliers and have yet to see one go down in value.

   In this application the carbon composition resistors are not cooked adequately to
render the phenolic material into carbon, shunting the original carbon rod.
   It seem obvious that resistor's phenolic tube can and do become carbonized
occasionally, but not often in this application.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm going to help.