[Amps] An IM and power question

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Apr 11 01:55:49 PDT 2010

We have been taught to tune up at the power we plan on using, but that
is more for efficiency than anything else IIRC.  But now when we are
looking at power out and not efficency, there are after all those who
run class A to get multi KW out, what about IM.  Lets say you tune up
for a very comfortable 1500 out, but for some strange reason decide you
can get by with just 750, or half that amount. You are already tuned up
for 1500 out, so all you do is reduce the drive to get the 750 out.
What does that do to the IM on the output?

73

Roger (K8RI)