[Amps] Henry 2K4 troubleshooting

johndtate at post.com johndtate at post.com
Mon Apr 12 15:06:24 PDT 2010

I'm still getting used to replying to all and then taking out the
individuals so it only goes to the list....

Anyway, I'm thinking the one tube developed a filament to grid/plate
short after being keyed up and heating.  Would that someone account for
more heat on one side of the plate and the darkened glass on one side?
I suppose that could have been the arcing/squealing I heard.   And
maybe that diode took way too much current before the overload relay/
circuit breaker could trip and then it shorted?

If this is what happened I suppose I'm looking at tube and rectifier
replacements.  Thoughts?

73, John KX5JT