[Amps] HV lytic max V ratings..some notes

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 12 16:09:48 PDT 2010

Download yourself a copy of MIL HDBK 217F and look at the section on
aluminium electrolytic capacitors.  There's a nice calculation for MTBF and
it is influenced by, amongst other things, voltage and temperature.
Anything above about 60% rated voltage and 40C ambient will begin to
seriously reduce the life expectancy.  I don't have it in front of me, but
you can pick any component you like to do the sums.

The M stands for mean, it's not an absolute, it's a statistical prediction.
It has been said that most aircraft probably shouldn't get off the ground,
but then neither should the bumble bee.

David
G3UNA