[Amps] A tale of two IMs What happens?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Apr 16 14:57:01 PDT 2010

Tube amps? You really must be ancient (-;

The ones I worked with were SS, 5-450 mHz, and around the start of the
broadband Class A brick output module typically driven by the highly linear
2N5109's. I sort of remember IMD approaching -50dB.

In some cases we had to go with a pricier feedforward design to reduce IM so
we could cascade a few more amps and not have the expense of adding more
hardline cable runs.

I know I have those study papers somewhere, probaly still in the attic since
the 1989 move.

Carl
KM1H