[Amps] 160m mosfet linear amplifier problem with ferrite cores

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 18 04:56:18 PDT 2010

Are you using the same manufacturer as your friends?

If so, yours should be the similar performance unless something is wrong.

David

        hi. i am not use insulators between mosfet and heatsink in order to have the minimum thermal resistance. I am using only silicon thermal conductive paste to decrease the thermal resistance. So, the heatsink is connected with the drain of each mosfet and the heatsink has the drain voltage.
        I am using 12 Siliconix's IRFP360 mosfets, but i have order and soon i will replace them with International Rectifier IRFP360 mosfets. Propably this is the reason, that the amplifier don't give many watts at outupt.
        The other reason, is that the material of ferrite cores (43 material) is not the proper for 1-2mhz frequences. What do you think??