[Amps] 30M noise problem (OT?)

DAVE WHITE mausoptik at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 20 13:24:37 PDT 2010

Hi Jerome

Can you post a WAV file to the website?

Try emailing Clint KA7OEI - is address is at http://www.ka7oei.com/email.html

I had (and still do have) a problem with some sort of power line discharge type noise from HT power lines near our house.  It's a sort of 50hz based spark type noise arranged as if it's three phase but there's a pulse-pulse-gap-pulse-pulse-gap patter which makes me think it's a 3-phase delta wired device with a crapped out insulator.  I never did find it, so tried building the line synchronous noise blanker that's on Clint's website.  (It didn't help BTW)

Clint knows a lot about this stuff and may be able to analyse a wav sample for you.

Alternatively download a copy of cooledit pro from bit torrent and analyse the waveform - it may give a clue

Hope this helps

Dave G0OIL