[Amps] Why no images allowed?

Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO w5wvo at cybermesa.net
Fri Aug 13 11:48:48 PDT 2010

Discalimer: I'm not a list owner or moderator.

This mailing list is built on Mailman software. If you google this software
and read everything that's currently online about it, you'll find that
forwarding MIME-encoded attachments to list members isn't even an option.

Other "mailing lists", such as those that are a part of the Yahoo! Groups or
Google Groups architectures, do support MIME-encoded attachments. By
default, Yahoo! groups will put the attachment in a special repository with
a link to it at the end of the posted message. Google groups will simply
pass the attachment through to the subscribers (the way Yahoo! Groups used
to work).

Dedicated mailing lists based on Unix software applications such as Mailman
generally strip, without recourse, all MIME-encoded stuff from each message
received before distributing it.

Basically, old mailing list technology (pre-2000) versus new mailing list
technology.

Bill W5WVO