[Amps] Why no images allowed?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 17:52:59 PDT 2010

Actually, the problem is with viruses, not the speed of the modem.  Many viruses are spread as an attachment.  Therefore, no attachments.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Fri, 8/13/10, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Are there still security or other reasons why the reflector will not allow .jpg images to be attached to emails? Especially on this reflector, having the ability to display schematics and pictures would be a great help, I'd think.

I believe this policy went into effect back when everyone had very low speed modems and then it made sense, but those days are pretty much gone.