[Amps] Can I cool too much the tubes?

Steve Thompson g8gsq at f2s.com
Tue Aug 24 00:15:28 PDT 2010

I've observed this across a wide range of class AB linear
amplifiers - device dissipation is very roughly constant between
10 and 100% output.

With a tube amp you can adjust the tuning to get higher efficiency
at lower output power, which will reduce the tube dissipation as
well as giving the PSU an easier time.

Steve