[Amps] soft start on filament

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sun Aug 29 13:26:18 PDT 2010

No I mean a transformer that is designed with shunt or gap, I cannot
remember how it is done.
Basically the filament transformer will not go beyond 2 X the normal
current without voltage falling off. Someone here understands
transformers better and can explain.

Yes, keeping credit card out of my hip pocket when near those cables. I
have them strapped together to try and prevent a large loop that would
have stray magnetic fields. It is a DC filament for the TH628.

73
John
K5PRO