[Amps] Tubes, made in the USA, in the olden days; Films?

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 09:02:21 PDT 2010

I don't have the spec. sheet right in front of me but I recall the 833
could put out a hell of a lot of power with no forced air cooling.
600 w. (but I forget what biasing) sticks in my mind but don't hold me
to that.   Whatever it was, it was very high and made me wonder why it
is not used in ham amps for all these operators who are obsessed with
not having any blower noise.   My guess was supply, cost of the tube,
and the (for hams) unconventional way they are mounted.

Rob
K5UJ