[Amps] vacuum relay problem

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 20:39:16 PDT 2010

Felipe Ceglia wrote:

> I plugged my old scope into the relays and rig, and here is the
> picture I got from its screen:

> http://imagebin.ca/view/GPwsvX.html

> Upper trace is 9v battery across relay.

> Lower trace is RF from ft1000d, 160m, lowest possible power.

> Radio was in full break in mode, with its keyer sending dits at
> highest possible speed.

> Seems like the timing is pretty ok, isnt it? The slow discharge on
> upper trace is probably because I have the tank and antenna plugged in
> on the relay.

> So, probably I had the bad luck of getting a bad relay...

   Not so fast, if the "vertical channel switching" was not set on "chopped" this test is invalid.
"Alternate channel switching" will sync to first one trace then the other.  Be sure your 'scope is
triggered from only the initial channel.  (vertical channel with the initiating signal)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - rule of thumb:
                  If it's winders it needs rebooted weekly and will always benefit from more memory!