[Amps] Black heat shields

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Dec 20 06:35:44 PST 2010

The commercial dishes I have here range from an aluminum honeycomb mesh (12'
ex satellite TV) that was never shiny to light and a darker gray and one
that is cream colored. These are used for various ham microwave bands.

When I was doing sattelite TV installs on the side pre scrambling era there
was only one black dish on the market and their big thing was it was hard to
see in a residential enviroment. As LNA temperatures came down that dish was
reinvented as a gray.

The radome on the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz wireless repeater antennas are cream
colored.

Carl
KM1H