[Amps] Fleamarkets

david sutton sootydave at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 08:52:52 PST 2010

I have to agree Scott.
Seem's that if you are a ham of X ammount of years you built on what you had, looked at a color code on a resistor or cap and new right off the value.
Took the family radio apart and tried to put it back together, (sorry for that mum and dad) Elmering is the secret, i too was a member of the high school lunch break electronics group, our mentore back then was the metal work teacher,
my first Elmer was the TV service guy that came to repair our TV, With modern day progress we don't or i should say budding Ham's/technictions dont have the same oppertunities as we had back then.
To day if the phone or cable goes out, you maybe lucky to see some guy on a ladder up the pole or on his knees at the green box sorting the problem, if it's the TV take it to the dump and go buy a new one. I will try and fix that TV.
There are to types of Ham radio opp's Book smart and Hands on smart, Me i'm hands on.
Dave KG4UXR

Brits with a southern call? how strange, only when you hear the accent.
see kg4uxr on :-
www.qrz.com/callsign/kg4uxr