[Amps] Fleamarkets

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Feb 2 09:00:11 PST 2010

david sutton wrote:
> All very true statments.
> You see it on the amateur radio groups all the time. most on this group will agree i'm sure,  Just reading posts from some ham's makes my skine cringe.
> The comment Dave G0OIL made about Dayton and the vacume capacitors he was carying. unfortunatley nowa days you don't need to know what a risistor or Cap looks like you just got to be able to remember what the right answer is to the question.

As a school kid, I used to work in Tandy, before I went of to do an EE degree. I
recall one guy coming in to by some fuses - we sold them in packs of 3. A few
days later, he come back, and bought some more identical fuses. Then another few
days passes, and he comes back and buys more identical fuses.

After this had happened 3 or 4 times, I asked him what he was doing with them.
He told me that he fits them in his HiFi, but they keep blowing!

Dave