[Amps] 3 phase plate transformer

Dave White mausoptik at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 18 02:50:17 PST 2010

I remember asking about this a year or so ago, so take a search through the archives.

This is from memory, having slept many times since then...so can others please confirm:

If you wire two primaries in parallel and two secondaries in series (assuming delta input and star output) then you'll get (I think):

(1P Input voltage/ 3P design input voltage) times (3P design output voltage) times (root 3)

Of course if the three bobbins are separate and you can separate the primaries and secondaries then you can just parallel them up and treat it like three 1P transformers in parallel.  The limitation would be the flux density that the core can handle.

But I could be talking hogwash so please check this out.  The pole pig never did come my way so I never got to test the theory

Cheers
Dave
G0OIL