[Amps] SB-221 Problem - Slow on the uptake

Rex Lint rex at lint.mv.com
Thu Feb 18 09:01:53 PST 2010

Hi Wizards,

After I replaced the TR relay, the amp seems to take a 20 milliseconds to
develop full output.  That tends to clip off part of the first CW character.

We jumpered the bias ON, then switched the AMP KEY relay and the output is
not up to full output right away, so we determined it's not the bias.  We
disconnected the ALC circuit at the joint with the output from the input
circuits, and still no joy.  Other recent mods:  rebuilt the bias circuit
after parasitic incident, including replacing zener.

Any ideas as to what might cause this?

      -Rex-

     K1HI
       Rex Lint