[Amps] AL 811 Tuned input/output issue

David N. pkmaint at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 06:29:34 PST 2010

hello all
I am working on an AL811 3 tube (811's)
The input swr is all over the place and the output is really load. due to radio reducing power.
I put a tuner in between the the 2 to Make the radio happy. But I am still only getting about 250-300 watts with 70watts input I cannot draw full grid current. High voItage is correct for Load/No Load. I also checked to se if the shaft slipped on the tuned input board coupling but it is ok all is lined up. I don't see any burnt or broken parts. I am thinking Bad tube but I have no way to check them. Any suggestions? I would hate to throw parts at it that it does not need. The amp is 2.5 ys old
Thanks David KR4OW