[Amps] Henry 2KD2 Amplifier

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 18:07:11 PST 2010

The 3-400 tube will make just as much power as a 3-500 on SSB with a lower
duty cycle, the plate dissipation is a little less that all.  They require
less bias.  The problem with that amp is they must take an old style 3-400
without the phenolic pin support because they are a bit taller.  The 2KD is
 very tight with the tubes and there is not much headroom not only for the
new  style 3-400 but doubtful for a 3-500 conversion, other than that it is
a well  built amp, however many amps outperform it at lower cost and weight.

In a message dated 1/6/2010 8:44:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,