[Amps] which HV connector to use?

texasrf at aol.com texasrf at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 17:52:52 PST 2010

Ryan, I have purchased RG8 size SHV connectors from Pasternak Enterprises
for about $30 as I recall.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/14/2010 10:21:43 A.M. Central Standard Time,
foster.ryan at gmail.com writes:

Ha!

That's always been my method.  I've never trusted  any connector I've known
of or cable for that matter, enough to run it to  the floor.  And I have
never used more than 4500v yet either, so I  guess I am unnecessarily
safe...
or paranoid...  I guess that is up to  the reader.  You'll always live to
regret being too safe.

Even  with shv, I would still rather it used a rj-8 size cable, seeing as I
will  keep doing that even with in-deck power.

--Ryan w8cya

On Tue,  Jan 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Jim Barber <audioguy at charter.net>  wrote:

> Assuming one doesn't insist on using the Millen connectors,  what's a
> good alternative?
>
> Someone mentioned RG-214 a  few pages back but having been there, done
> that and arced most of the  common connectors I'm not thrilled with that
> one  either.
>
> Perhaps the moral is to always build integrated. (and  buy bigger
desks...)

Amps  mailing  list
Amps at contesting.com