[Amps] Alpha 78 Control Circuit 'Issue'

Paul Gerhardt phgerhardt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 23:21:19 PST 2010

Thinking about the control voltage 20V or so being present at the relay jack
even in Standby lead me to discover that the QSK board CB-3 has been
modified.  The trace to the Aux/Key jack has been cut and the relay jack is
'strapped' to the control circuit ALL the time.  Anybody know the reason or
logic to this?  This means that the exciter keying relay is 'disconnected'.
Before I start to wire it back to 'stock' is there anything else to consider
or changes that are recommended on CB-3?