[Amps] condition 4-1000A tubes?

Dave White mausoptik at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 23 00:57:59 PST 2010

Hi Dennis
I've usually just installed them in a socket with the correct chimney and blower and powered up the filament starting at a very low voltage (say half a volt) and over the course of a week built it up to the regular filament voltage.  I've never had any failures like this.  Don't apply any other voltages during that period.
Cheers
Dave G0OIL