[Amps] Layout of tube

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Jan 26 07:19:58 PST 2010

It depends some what on the fan construction, but generally the stacked
fans should be capable of a higher pressure at roughly the same air
flow.  When the flow is restricted as it would be with the tiny 4CX-250s
the amount of air would be notably increased.  Unfortunately there is no
way to know how much change you will get when stacking fans like that.
It's more a "do it" and then "measure the change".  The specs are around
some where that will give the flow through a given tube for a given back
pressure assuming there are no leaks in the compartment. It's easy to
build a U-tube manometer to measure the back pressure in inches of water
just using some clear plastic tubing of a 1/4 to 3/8" diameter. The
construction was in the older Handbooks and may still be in them or the
book on classic amp design.

73

Roger (K8RI)