[Amps] Layout of tube

MIKE DURKIN patriot121 at msn.com
Tue Jan 26 08:49:25 PST 2010

I seen some one ask what the tube is -- its a GS-35B that im going to install ... i have a fan (original) thats 89CFM, im planning on adding 2 more- one to presurize and the other to assist on the exaust, the new fans are 98.2CFM at .24"

Also found this about parallel and series cfm of fans http://www.comairrotron.com/airflow_note.shtml

Mike

KC7NOA

>snip

> I used stacked muffin fans on a 4 x 4CX250 amp, and one fan wouldn't
> get the job done. Two worked great, and three didn't seem to be
> proportionally better.
> Don WA4NPL
>

> Quoting vk3pa at vk3pa.com:
>
> > Quoting James Colville <jimw7ry at gmail.com>:
> > EMTRON uses 2 fans one under the tube blowing es the other a pc type
> > fan on top
> > sucking..
> >

> >> Fans in series? How are you going to figure the airflow out? Just use a
> >> single BLOWER like 100% of the other amp builders use? What tube or tubes?
> >>
> >> 73
> >> Jim W7RY

CHOP