[Amps] Tuning amplifiers

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 30 11:59:46 PST 2010

Anyone:

   I am confused by some of the things I am reading here about tuning,
but I have long heard triodes and tetrodes are tuned differently,
I have never figured out why or what, could someone enlighten us and I
assume pentodes are tuned like tetrodes, right?
(I have been tuning tube amplifiers for over 40 years now, normally
with a swept test signal, frequently with -20 dB of drive.)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
                  attacks democracy itself.        -- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS