[Amps] Building an Amp & Metal Working is an Art.

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sat Jan 30 16:20:55 PST 2010

There was a day that maybe one out of 5 men were craftsmen of some sort since they had to build a lot of stuff themselves.
My father sure was. Being a carpenter in his youth and being a auto, diesel mechanic and great at body work and paint he learned lots
of skills. It was only natural that many hams had good craftsmanship up until the mid-1960s or so.
 My built my first transmitter when I was in the 9th grade. A pair of 6146B tubes. They had just been introduced. I was shooting for performance
similar to the Valiant.  Drilled a lot of little holes and filed a lot.  But today that just takes to long for the average person just starting out.

73
Bill wa4lav