[Amps] AMP MODS

richard courtway courtway at syix.com
Sun Jun 13 11:34:10 PDT 2010

Over a year ago I acquired a basket case Henry 2K-4 amp. and am still
playing with it - will eventually be QSK - etc..  Maybe even be on
the air this year  _ haw.

Have noticed that the TL-922 has become the usual subject of
modifications to make it more stable/reliable.  Since this amp. uses
a pair of 3-500 tubes - am assuming that these suggested mods will
also work on ANY amp. using the same tubes.

Anyhoo - have found the changes suggested by PA0FRI to be very
interesting - especially the directly grounded grids.

So - the query is - generally thought of the validity of the ideas
shown on his we site ?  Please - only helpful replys -  none
character assassinations.

Thank Your  de Ddick  aka N7RC