[Amps] WD-40

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Mar 1 10:17:43 PST 2010

cx7tt at 4email.net wrote:
> I vaguely remember reading recently about WD-40 and it's lack of oil
> type lubrication. Even to the point of enhancing the ability of rust to
> take over. Instead the recommendation was for BOESHIELD T-9.

Many mechanics are now using LPS-2 which is a penetrant and solvent
based grease for corrosion proofing aircraft. Works on cars too.  You do
this in the summer though as the thing is going to set there and "DRIP"
for several days.  They don't drip near as much in the winter, but come
the first nice, really warm, spring day and you open the hangar (or
garage) door to find a real mess.

73

Roger (K8RI)