[Amps] Manganin wire

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 04:58:25 PST 2010

> I already knew about the issues given forth about using a center taped heater transformer with bias voltage feed on the center tap- and its a minor issue. Im trying to divide and conquer my metering issues. Either my Meter is out of spec or the Manganin wire is. Guess i could just simply jumper it with some high voltage wire and see if the metering goes to scale and might even be past stopper. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manganin

   Putting a similar meter (same internal resistance and FS sensitivity) would result in two meters
displaying the same meter deflection (disregard the scales) if they have the same sensitivity.
Old meters become less sensitivity when the magnet looses strength.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!