[Amps] Teflon Caps

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Mar 17 13:08:06 PDT 2010

This reminds me that some where I have a very strange variable capacitor
that is oil filled and has a bellows to allow operation at high altitudes.
It is obviously an RF variable, perhaps a pre-vacuum capacitor type for
high altitudes and voltages.
It is neat because it is enclosed in a glass envelope and you can see all
the insides. It is constructed as a usual capacitor with rotor and stator
plates. Not like the coaxial ones as in vacuum capacitors.
     Needless to say a rotary shaft  vacuum connection would be difficult
but not impossible.
73
Bill wa4lav