[Amps] Teflon Caps

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 13:49:35 PDT 2010

> This reminds me that some where I have a very strange variable capacitor
> that is oil filled and has a bellows to allow operation at high altitudes.
> It is obviously an RF variable, perhaps a pre-vacuum capacitor type for
> high altitudes and voltages.
> It is neat because it is enclosed in a glass envelope and you can see all
> the insides. It is constructed as a usual capacitor with rotor and stator
> plates. Not like the coaxial ones as in vacuum capacitors.

   I have one of these also, the chap that gave it to me told me it came out of a army
transmitter using one or two 813 pentodes.  (possibly an ART-13)
The problem with it is the shaft is about 3/8" long with half of a flexible coupling
welded or pressed on to the shaft.  Because of this thread I have been thinking about it.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!