[Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 04:26:30 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:41:02 -0400, Roger <sub1 at rogerhalstead.com>
wrote:

>That's why other than the capacitive loading it'll add little to the
>overall results.  Instinctively one would expect it to add twice the
>radius to the length of the antenna, but it effectively adds a short
>length of a much larger diameter that will have little effect in the
>overall summation.

REPLY:

If the RF has to travel from the center of the disk, out to the edge,
back down the other side of the disk to the center again, you have
effectively added to the overall wavelength of the wire. Think about
the total length of the path the RF would be taking before it gets to
the far end of the wire.

But I say that doesn't happen. In my view, the RF just takes the short
path directly through the center of the disk. No change in the length
of the path. And the same thing happens when RF passes through a
chassis from one side to the other.

73, Bill W6WRT