[Amps] ripple in B+ supply

Jim Forsyth mail at jimforsyth.com
Wed Mar 24 13:15:44 PDT 2010

That would be correct. Assuming no inductor, the sharp leading edge is the
portion where a diode is conducting and the output voltage is following the
top part of the input sine wave up to the peak. The more gentle trailing
edge is the portion where the output capacitor is discharging into the load.

Jim, AF6O