[Amps] gg

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 17:51:58 PDT 2010

Herzog, Bill and all,

It is a good thing that the input power and output power are in phase else
the input power would subtract from the output power instead of adding.

I was reading in my Orr's Handbook today and couldn't find anything about
input and output being out of phase in any type amplifier.

What he did write was that the instantaneous peak positive grid voltage
coincides with the peak plate current and that the instantaneous plate voltage
 is at minimum at the same time because of the voltage drop across the
plate load  impedance. The statement applies to grounded grid or cathode
configurations.

I suspect the confusion is related to the negative feedback inherent in a
grounded grid design and that feedback is out of phase with the input
signal.

It all makes sense when you think about it.

Back to the books.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/28/2010 7:03:43 P.M. Central Daylight Time,