[Amps] Serious signals.

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 30 08:24:40 PDT 2010

At this Naval radio station site when it was a fully manned site many years ago (Dixon, Ca NARS) where they ran REAL power, 250-500 k Po out.  Nothing else to do in the afternoon so I suggested that one of the radiomen tune one of the transmitters (it was tuned with BCD switches, xmtr was made by Continental Electronics) to Ch 11 CB band. All of us giggling like fools, as the fellow spoke into the mike and told  everyone out there to be quiet, I do believe THAT transmission cleared the air on the CB bands in the Sacramento valley and other surrounding areas for quite a while.

Those xmtrs had tubes with handles on them, I watched in real awe as I looked on as one was disassembled so some of the burned up elements could be replaced.

RF is fun stuff.

Gary...wa6fgi