[Amps] Stereo to mono

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun May 9 15:29:33 PDT 2010

Okay Frank, I understand now.  You are trying to figure out how to
modulate a pair of 4-400 with a solid state modulator.  With the solid
state gear I only vaguely know that there is often a problem having to
do with the wide difference in impedance between what you find in
solid state audio and vacuum tube RF PAs.

I found a web page on a class H modulator that (according to the web
page) can be used to modulate a tube power amplifier.  here is the
http://www.classeradio.com/classh.htm

I know next to nothing about solid state AM rigs, class E and all that
so I've exhausted my ability to help you, but if you to dig around on
the amfone.net website and ask your question there, I think you might
get better help then what I can give.  I am impressed with the Greek
AM.

Frank, you may know this ham or if not you can contact him and maybe
he can help you?  He is quite impressive builder of QRO AM equipment
and maybe I will work you someday if you can copy my weak signal hi hi
I am sure I will copy you if you have such a transmitter as this ham
-- be sure to scroll down all the way to see everything:

http://5-19lamia.blogspot.com/

73

Rob
K5UJ