[Amps] loss of cooling interlock

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Mon Nov 8 10:25:23 PST 2010

I ran a 4CX1000A at 100 MHz, 1.5 kW CW, with a plugged cooling duct years ago. It started drifting out of tune, and eventually baked some of the nickle plating to a dark tarnish. It was still working, but
quite far out of tune, i suspect that things were warped inside.

Another approach is to use a cord or spring, with a temperature sensitive polymer thing attached to the tube. This melts at some temperature and the spring retracts and lets go an interlock contact.

John
K5PRO