[Amps] ALC control with Yaesu FT- 897D and Ameritron ALS-600

Dick dickzs at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 20:11:24 PST 2010

Re: ALC control with Yaesu FT- 897D and Ameritron ALS-600

Jim:

Thanks for the advice on the ALC.  The manual made me think that it was the most important way of regulating power with all modes except for CW.  I have taken your advice and cut the installation down to a single cable to pull the relay down to ground potential.  In the past I have rarely ever used any type of compression for worry of distortion (as you pointed out).

The reason that I chose a solid-state amplifier, as opposed to using my Dentron GLA 1000C, was to make things as simple as possible.  Getting into the ALC issue was quickly becoming counterproductive.

Dick Zseltvay, KC4COP