[Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Nov 9 20:16:04 PST 2010

On 11/9/2010 6:45 AM, Carl wrote:
> That would also disqualify a good percentage of the USA and the rest of the
> world.  Do you really think its honored, especially by the stations that
> arent regularly scrutinized.

I know this may come as a shock to some folks on this list, I know MANY
honorable contesters, including some with big time reputations, who play
by the rules. There are certainly some who think that the rules don't
apply to them -- like Ivanna Trump, rules are for the little people.

IMO, those dishonorable schmucks who don't play by the rules are the
little people, and I have no respect for them.

On 11/9/2010 6:45 AM, Carl wrote:
> A US magazine trying to dictate to the world is totally asinine.

No, it's the RULES FOR A CONTEST, which are established by a volunteer
committee of contesters.

>I can just see the CQ Contest Committee running around the world with their
>wattmeters looking for those extra watts(-;

In the past few years, some major contest operations HAVE BEEN
disqualified, and the rules have been rewritten to allow representatives
of the committees to inspect competing stations in real time during the
contest.

Some of you guys make me sick to my stomach, no matter what your
nationality. My parents taught me that "the other guy does it" is NEVER
justification for doing wrong.  Yet another example of why and how the
world has lost its way morally and ethically.

73, Jim Brown K9YC