[Amps] 2010 Handbook

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Nov 17 16:22:45 PST 2010

I like the switch used in the Johnson Thunderbolt II aka Tempo 2000.

The fiberglass plate was attached to the end of the large coil and populated
with heavy duty contacts and wiper (similar to B&W tank coil)and with real
long arc paths. It was not a shorting switch.  The fiberglass shaft went
thru the center of the coil as did the copper strap connections. The one I
worked on last year was a one owner and had seen a long, heavily used, and
trouble free life until the PS let loose.

Carl
KM1H