[Amps] Matched Pairs of Tubes

Sam Carpenter sam at owenscommunication.com
Fri Nov 19 07:22:19 PST 2010

I have always read that on these tubes it is good to get pairs of the same
age, brand, and usage together and you were fine. I understand that they
were/are built to pretty tight tolerance. I keep looking at the new ACOM
1011 that uses only 2 of them. Da*&, I wish it were 4. There is something
sweet about that tube and they will obtainable after all else is gone. At
VHF, I have abused the snot out of them for long periods of time and they
stood up. Nice that I could get free pulls too.

Sam, N9FuT