[Amps] Tube Cooling..

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 21:52:30 PST 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:28:52 +0000 (GMT), DAVE WHITE
<mausoptik at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Whilst it may seem counter-intuitive to blow cooling air DOWNwards I've seen tome successful Eastern European designs whereby large fans blow air directly downward onto the top of the tubes so that the air runs by the fins.

REPLY:

The trouble with that approach is you have hot air blowing down over the
tube seals and socket. Not good. Anodes by themselves are relatively
unaffected to heat compared to the seals and socket.

Better to have the cool incoming air flow over the socket and seals
first and then go to the anode.

73, Bill W6WRT