[Amps] Help identifying tubes

N7KA at comcast.net N7KA at comcast.net
Sun Nov 28 21:48:41 PST 2010

Take the guess work out of the equation.  Here is a site that provides good info and EIMAC datasheets.  Pay attention to the tube diagram pinout (especially pins 2 & 4) and physical dimensions.

http://www.g8wrb.org/complete-list.php

Arne N7KA

----- "mike stokes" <mike9v at gmail.com> wrote:

Arne N7KA

----- "mike stokes" <mike9v at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Guys
Someone gave me 2 tubes years ago and said they were 3-500s.  Well I am not
sure they really knew, and I don't know as the lettering is worn off.  Here
is a link with some pics.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mike9v/Tubes#
The one on the left is an Eimac.  It end in an A and has S4    7704 stamped
inside.
The one on the right is a Westinghouse and looks like it says 5/5xxA where
the x in worn and illegible.
Any ideas on what these really are ?  Or what is a good way to figure it out
?
Any help is appreciated.