[Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"

Sam Carpenter sam at owenscommunication.com
Wed Oct 27 09:05:11 PDT 2010

Especially in the early days when studios were at or near the transmission
sites, I suspect the audio guys had to learn a lot of tricks. Can you
imagine when WLW was running over (on 700kHz) 500kw carrier and 100%
modulation what it would have been like trying to isolate audio? Can you
imagine even 600 ohm feeders coming from a remote location and trying to
isolate them. Fences, teeth, light bulbs and dresser handles would rectify
it and be audible in the area. I griped and complained about being bitten by
my lips touching a D104 on 80 running slightly less. I imagine they had a
lot of interesting things to deal with.