[Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 08:41:15 PDT 2010

I could not agree more with Ian, GM3SEK.

Neil Muncy may well have 'discovered' the 'Pin 1 Problem' as related to pro audio equipment in 1995. He did not discover the need for proper (single point) grounding techniques, which have certainly been well known for many decades and probably pre-date WW2.

It would probably do all of us a lot of good to understand that the sum of human knowledge is just that, and that there are some rather clever people working in just about every field. A sweeping dismissal of a whole class of engineering expertise is neither correct nor helpful.

73 Roger
VE3ZI

On 10/26/2010 11:25 PM, Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
> PLEASE can we give this problem a new name!
>
> 'Pin 1' may mean something to pro audio people, but in amateur radio
> it's a bad name - meaningless, misleading and a barrier to
> communication.

One of the traditions in this world is that when you discover or invent
something something you get to name it. Neil Muncy discovered the Pin 1
Problem and published it, and that's what he chose to call it.  It would
do RF folks a lot of good to realize that some pro audio folks really do
know more about some things than they do, and in the world of RFI,
there's been more progress made by pro audio folks than by RF folks. :)

73, Jim K9YC