[Amps] Redundant ground connections with coaxial HV line

Carl Clawson carlclawson at verizon.net
Sun Sep 12 10:03:02 PDT 2010

Someone posted a link from GM3SEK the other day which I'll repeat here:
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/in-prac/hvpsu.pps

(I couldn't read it in my browser for some reason; had to download and open
it in PowerPoint. If you don't have PowerPoint, go get Open Office for free
and it'll display it just fine.)

Look at the control circuit for the P.S. about 10 slides in. Ground is
conveyed by the shield of the coaxial HV line and separately by the control
connector that also carries the B- return. If the control connector is
plugged in, you have a redundant ground. If it's not plugged in then the HV
can't be on.

I would love to have heard the presentation that went along with these
slides.

73, Carl WS7L

PS thanks for all the comments about HV coax, everyone!