[Amps] Any experiences with "powergridtube"? (YC156 hunt)

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 16:35:12 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:14:36 -0700, Jim Barber <audioguy at charter.net>
wrote:

>There's a current eBay auction by "powergridtube" that lists 5 tubes
>"cleaned and laboratory tested to full output", although no specific
>guarantee is given.

REPLY:

For what it's worth... having bought a couple of bad used tubes (not
from this guy), I will never again buy any used tube that is not
guaranteed good upon receipt. I would not expect the seller to give any
lengthy guarantee, but he should offer a reasonable refund period.

I would suggest emailing this guy and telling him so.

73, Bill W6WRT