[Amps] convert Command HF2500 to 6m ?

Ed Stallman n5dg at airmail.net
Wed Apr 20 19:38:19 PDT 2011

I have an Command HF 2500 that I would like to convert to the 6m band
only . With the way the HF2500 is put together I'm not sure how to do
the Pi-L  tuned input at the bottom of the tube socket ? It would be
so easy if the case  had an opening under the tube sockets !  Does
anyone know how the Command VHF2000 was done? Your suggestions are
welcome , any ideas ?
One other question I have, the filament choke  that is in use now ok for 6m?

I've not heard of anyone converting the HF2500 , I see many have
converted the AL1500 , this may be a better choice

Thanks Ed N5DG