[Amps] Alpha 86 Tuning Bar-Graph Inoperable

Dana Rees qsl at gtaw.us
Tue Feb 22 09:20:59 PST 2011

Hello to the list, I thank you for all the good information over the years!

I have just purchased an Alpha 86 that in all rights seems to be in
quite good condition.  Currently the only non-functioning aspect of the
amplifier is the tune meter.

When switched into showing tuning on the graph, the left LED comes on
and then one by one drifts to full right.  Does not matter if in TX or
RX, or actually tuning the amplifier the meter will drift to the right.
Thus it the meter is not operational.

I'm guessing the amp is making differential samples to extrapolate
linearity.

Any thoughts or experience with this kind of a problem?

Thanks
Dana AF7Z